Connecticut Clearinghouse is a statewide library and resource center for information on substance use and mental health disorders, prevention and health promotion, treatment and recovery, wellness and other related topics. Materials from our specialized library and resource center are available to Connecticut families, teachers, students, professionals, communities and children. View our video below:
A program of Wheeler Clinic’s Connecticut Center for Prevention, Wellness and Recovery, the Connecticut Clearinghouse is funded by the Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services.
Resources We Provide
- Books, curricula, DVDs and eBooks for loan
- Pamphlets, posters, and reproducible fact sheets for distribution
All resources are accessible through our Library catalog, and may be either picked up at the Clearinghouse or mailed.
Services We Provide:
- Monthly Courier newsletter
- Statewide email listserv
- Expert research assistance
- Customized bibliographies
- Conference room facility available for trainings and other meetings
- Government documents, statistical data and other reference materials
Patrons may call 1.800.232.4424 to schedule a visit, choose curbside pickup or have materials mailed to their home or office. Staff are available by phone or email during the following hours:
- Monday: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
A drop box is available in the front of the building to return materials when the Clearinghouse is closed.